hard disk files not showing in LG smart TV

Hassha0j

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
Greetings
I bought LG SMART TV 42 and I plugged WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive Storage full of movies,

It showed the HDD but no files

I reconnected with Samsung TV and I show all folders and movies

Please help me

Hey Hassha0j. I'd suggest that you check the file type compatibility of the TV. I have the same brand smart TV as well at home and even though it says it supports .mkv files for example, it couldn't detect some movies because of a different sound/video compression etc. I gather that the drive itself is working without any issues? Are other types of files recognized, e.g. audio or image files?
I'd also recommend that you contact the TV manufacturer's customer support to see if they can help you with that issue.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

vatsalbh9

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

if your are getting a message like " USB device not supported" or there is data on HDD but TV not showing it then try to follow this tutorial...

i have a WD Elements 1TB... It was working on Windows 7 but could not see any data on Windows XP... also my Sony Led TV said " USB Device not supported" and Samsung Blu ray player did not show HDD... so i didi this thing... watch video... now its working fine on TVs, Blur Ray(via USB) and windows Xp also...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFpS_ywHI70