[SOLVED] hard disk is not working properly

Jan 19, 2019
so i have a hard disk, 2 TB seagate. and i have a problem with it. it spins but its not recognized by either BIOS or storage manager. its not fully unrecognized, ONCE it is recognized after a shutdown on bios but its not recognized on any OS afterwards or after a restart the bios wont realize of its presence.

i have tried switching to every SATA ports, i have tried few troubleshoot method like plugging off the power cable and drain the electricity and turn it on again and so on.

it feels like the hard disk is avoiding or being avoided by the OS to be recognized. i havent decided whether if the harddisk is broken or not because it is proven by the harddisk is still spinning and still recognized by bios even once after a shutdown. any help or any explanation will be appreciated. thanks.

Solution
Yes electronics on PCB on the disk itself, the rest is mechanical so data should be available on disk(s) inside, the problem is getting to them and that may mean replacing PCB which is not doable at home.
Jan 19, 2019

electronics from the PCB right? not the harddisk itself? so does it mean that my files is actually somehow still accessible?