Hard Disk migration to new system

cohotnit

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
The situation is my current system has hard disks. One has the OS and some apps. The second has data and installed games.

I would like to build a new system, but with GPU prices being what they are I just want to upgrade my CPU and move my Hd's and GPU to the new system.

If I use sysprep to setup my OS drive to "out of box experience" to migrate it to the new system, can I also move the second drive as well and will windows be able to find the program installations and files across the two drives?

For example if a game is installed to that second drive and I migrate them over, will the drive mapping be intact and programs and files be able to be found as they were in the old system?

The question is a little convoluted, but hopefully someone understands and can help me out.

Solution
Sysprep is generally used to create a universal basic OOBE build.
Not something that has been highly customized, and applications and pathways to different drives.

You can try it, but don't be surprised if it fails to work as you desire.
Before messing with it, make a full drive image of both drives (with something other than the basic Windows backup), for a fallback position.

USAFRet

Titan
Sysprep is generally used to create a universal basic OOBE build.
Not something that has been highly customized, and applications and pathways to different drives.

You can try it, but don't be surprised if it fails to work as you desire.
Before messing with it, make a full drive image of both drives (with something other than the basic Windows backup), for a fallback position.

Solution