[SOLVED] Hard disk not detected

saurabhsethi9

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
I have 2 hard disk one has windows 7 and other has windows 10 but my second hard disk is not been able to detect. I am only able to operate my windows 7. In my BIOS it is only showing one hard disk and in my computer it is still showing same hard disk drives.
I have tried changing the cable and SATA wire still unable to detect my hard disk please help.

Solution
id maybe also try 1 drive at a time.. take the drive you know is working and swap with the one you have issues with.. see if it detects .. if not might be drive just dead

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
has the drive ever worked in this build? I have had drives not detect that were brought from old builds, the only way I was able to get drives to work was threw hard drive manager in windows and sadly it forced a format so I did loose data on drive (luckily nothing was on it)

saurabhsethi9

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
has the drive ever worked in this build? I have had drives not detect that were brought from old builds, the only way I was able to get drives to work was threw hard drive manager in windows and sadly it forced a format so I did loose data on drive (luckily nothing was on it)
It worked perfectly until yesterday. But the hard drive is not showing on hard drive manager too.

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
It does not boot tried that. Is there some method to recover my data.
yes, best option is to use the warranty of it, if out of warranty try to contact experts and have it checked see if they can fix it (most of the time they do fix it )
if data is really important you can try to contact one of those data recovery companies, they are expensive but they will recover it for you .

saurabhsethi9

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
Sorry for asking same question but there is a development
I have 2 hard disk one has windows 7 and other has windows 10 but my second hard disk is not been able to detect. I am only able to operate my windows 7. In my BIOS it is only showing one hard disk and in my computer it is still showing same hard disk drives.
I have tried changing the cable and SATA wire still unable to detect my hard disk please help. I even tried removing windows 7 hard disk but still unable to detect.
When i tried my harddisk on my 2 pc it was reading it.
Please suggest what is wrong with my 1 pc because everything else from graphic card to fans are working perfectly

TRENDING THREADS