Hard Disk Problem

Sep 12, 2018
So, I've just bought this new Gaming PC like a week ago, The pc is working great with games and everything But I am having this annoying problem that makes me annoyed, The problem is some random freezes that I get while in-game in most of the games I am playing...( Fortnite, Rust, Some other games) My PC Specs is a GTX Aorus 1060 6gb, I5-8400, 8gb of RAM DDr4, HDD Western Digital (WD) Blue WD20EZRZ 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD So that could run most the games smoothly on max settings.
I don't have any idea what the problem could be, Like I've reinstalled Windows, Turned off services And it won't help...
Also, my loading time in games like Rainbow Six Seige is kinda slow, So that made me doubt that it could be a hard drive problem, So I made a check on the hard drive with the " HDD Scan " Program and nothing bad came up all was Green color, No bad sectors, nothing.
But I've run into this other program to check on the speed of the hard drive I came up with these results it looks kind of low I don't have any idea of the Normal Hard drive speeds, So I was wondering if you guys could help me with the problem and thanks for your time.
Screenshot_4.png
[/url][/img]

Solution
Also is the read/write speed for the 2TB Wester Digital Blue normal because I think it's kinda slow in moving files.. ( image above)

Here is a review of the 2TB WD Blue hard drive. The parameters were set differently in the review (0% (0/1863GiB) instead of (50% (72/145GiB) in your test. So you would need to do your over with the same setting to compare the results. But looking at the results of other tests of the same drive varied quite a bit. I would say that your drive is probably with in the normal range for read/write .

result image (open it in a new tab)
http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/wd-blue-2tb-hdd-cdm.jpg

https://www.legitreviews.com/wd-blue-2tb-hard-drive-wd20ezrz-review_205093/3
The problem is that you are using a hard drive instead of an SSD for the system drive. One of the key advantages of the SSD (when the SSD first came out) was the fast startup time for windows and the fast loading of programs.

The solution is to simply purchase a SSD 120 - 250 GB, and transfer the operating system (and programs & games) to the new SSD drive.

Sep 12, 2018

I don't think not using an ssd and using an HDD instead would cause that much of freezes and stutters while gaming like it makes the startup really fast and loads programs much faster but that doesn't mean HDDs are slow and lags while playing games, Don't know man...

With hard drives it is important to keep them optimized and defragmented for best performance. You can also look into more RAM. I suspect that if you open Task Manager that you will find your memory % usage to be high at idle and maxed out under load (like your games ). That is likely the majority of your lagging that you mentioned.

If you are experiencing actual freezes, that is a different problem. Freezes are almost always software related. They can be due to a missing, incompatible or corrupted device driver (often the graphics driver). They can also be due to a missing, incompatible or corrupted Windows system file.

The problem with freezes is that there are so many different possibilities. So it is easiest to just update all of the major device drivers. That would include the motherboard drivers, the graphics driver, the audio driver, plus any specialized device driver (like a TV tuner card or a video capture card) for your system. Then reevaluate for freezes.

If that doesn't fix the problem, the next thing to update is the operating system. So do a fresh install of the operating system with all of the devices installed. And the last possibility is to update the motherboard BIOS. It can get complicated to fix a freezing problem.

Sep 12, 2018
I've actually tried some of the stuff you've said but will be trying the rest by reinstalling some drivers and will check if it's fixed...
Also is the read/write speed for the 2TB Wester Digital Blue normal because I think it's kinda slow in moving files.. ( image above)

Here is a review of the 2TB WD Blue hard drive. The parameters were set differently in the review (0% (0/1863GiB) instead of (50% (72/145GiB) in your test. So you would need to do your over with the same setting to compare the results. But looking at the results of other tests of the same drive varied quite a bit. I would say that your drive is probably with in the normal range for read/write .

result image (open it in a new tab)
http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/wd-blue-2tb-hdd-cdm.jpg

https://www.legitreviews.com/wd-blue-2tb-hard-drive-wd20ezrz-review_205093/3

Solution

Latest posts