Right where to start.... ok self built system
ABit KT7A raid motherboard
maxtor 30gb hard disk
IBM 40gb hard disk
raedon 32mb DDR graphics
lg cd/rw
atholon 1.2 processor
sound blaster live 5.1
Well this is how it all got started....... I somehow managed to get cross linked files could not rectify the problem so using partition magic 6 reformatted the offending partition. Reinstalled windows 98 went to backup the new partition but no backup option to be found. try to then recover the file from 98 disk file could not be loaded. Possible reason scratched disk, well..... its a little haggered but it was fine before. Obtained a clean disk same problem. I also cannot now effect any changes in partition magic 6 i.e copy partition, format, anything neither in fdisk. Now on top of that (i'm still calm) my monitor is switching itself off while i am logged onto the internet after well it chooses the times 10 mins, 20mins whatever. I cannot also effect any changes to second hard disk the IBM either, i would like to format and start again but it won't let me. i like having these problems but refuse to be beaten. The error message i get when using partition magic 6 is error 58. It also says that i have virus protection application in use please disable, disabled norton 2002 same message. Well as you can see it started with a kiss and now its full blown sex. (i know mad analogies)I think that's it and kind of in the right order.Please help.....

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
Well, i don't know zit about raid, and that may be where your problem is !
However, i am not a complete imbecile so do this :
Post back what your boot disk is, not 100% clear which it is !
Does'nt your monitor trouble point to power management !
If your BIOS is ok at boot up for your DD, can't see wy you cannot FDISK from floppy ! Maybe RAID ?

Stand by ! I'm sure some "techkie" will come back to you

Danny