Hard disk space gone

kumarstarz11

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
I have a totally 3 drives, C,D,E, in D i have 48.84GB and it is empty but it is showing 32.92GB, and when i try to format, it is showing windows cant format system partition on this disk. and now i have my os in C, but i dont know where i installed my previous os.. any solutions will be appreciated, thanks in advance...

Solution
Hi there kumarstarz11,

Do you have three separate, physical drives or just three partitions? I would be a nice idea to post a screenshot of Disk Management, as the other guys have already suggested. Here's how you can go to Disk Management: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=a80jDS
Just upload the screenshot to an image hosting website and post the link.

Apart from that, it's not really clear what happened with the partitions. I believe that the best thing you can do is to just back up all the data that you need and perform a clean OS install.

Let us know in case you have some more questions,
D_Know_WD :)
You can use a USB Windows installer to completely wipe the disk clean by going through the install process until you reach the disk management page or a 3rd party software like Macrium Reflect if you need to delete system partitions, but it sounds like they may be recovery partitions for your OS so only delete them if you are sure they aren't being used. Post a s/shot from disk management if you can.

Hi there kumarstarz11,

Do you have three separate, physical drives or just three partitions? I would be a nice idea to post a screenshot of Disk Management, as the other guys have already suggested. Here's how you can go to Disk Management: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=a80jDS
Just upload the screenshot to an image hosting website and post the link.

Apart from that, it's not really clear what happened with the partitions. I believe that the best thing you can do is to just back up all the data that you need and perform a clean OS install.

Let us know in case you have some more questions,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution