shailu

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2005

My hard disk space was 28.5 GB on Aug 23, 2005. After then, I installed few
softwares for my scanner, Nero, Power DVD, Yahoo DSL Browser and few more.
After finishing all the installation, I checked the hard disk space, it was
21.5 GB. Then I restored system to the point of Aug 23, 2005. Then I checked
my hard disk space again. It was only 17.5 GB. I am wondering how that could
happen. Please someone help me to find the solution to have more disk space
in my hard disk.

Thank you

Shailu wrote:
> My hard disk space was 28.5 GB on Aug 23, 2005. After then, I installed few
> softwares for my scanner, Nero, Power DVD, Yahoo DSL Browser and few more.
> After finishing all the installation, I checked the hard disk space, it was
> 21.5 GB. Then I restored system to the point of Aug 23, 2005. Then I checked
> my hard disk space again. It was only 17.5 GB. I am wondering how that could
> happen. Please someone help me to find the solution to have more disk space
> in my hard disk.

System Restore does not restore your _entiree_hard_drive_ to a previous
state, it just restores key files.

simple really the restore point to restore to <after> the programs were
installed is still there - you can manage the space allowed for restore
points right click My Computer select Properties select System restore
select Settings good luck
Alasdair

--
please note email address requires editing

www.digitalmystic.co.uk

"Shailu" <Shailu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hard disk space was 28.5 GB on Aug 23, 2005. After then, I installed
> few
> softwares for my scanner, Nero, Power DVD, Yahoo DSL Browser and few more.
> After finishing all the installation, I checked the hard disk space, it
> was
> 21.5 GB. Then I restored system to the point of Aug 23, 2005. Then I
> checked
> my hard disk space again. It was only 17.5 GB. I am wondering how that
> could
> happen. Please someone help me to find the solution to have more disk
> space
> in my hard disk.
>
> Thank you

Select Disk CleanUp, More Options, System Restore and remove all but the
latest restore point.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry