Status
Not open for further replies.

crazzyviet

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2002
I have a 15 gig quantum that came with my hp and now that I have a 200gig hd I dont need it anymore. Offer me the ammount.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by crazzyviet on 10/29/02 09:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dt69tery

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2002
Hey CrazyViet .... (hope that's not Viet.."Cong"?)
Not that it would really matter much ..
Yeah ! I'm interested. I'm putting together a computer for my daughter's X-mas present, and I baught one of those package deals with everything but a hard drive and OS. I was looking for a 20 to 30 Gig, but 15 would be plenty for her since she mainly just cruises the WWW, (and hopefully writes me letters ..?) I would rather you just tell me what you want for it cuz I don't know what it's worth .... so I'll offer you you $40.00 + shipping .. ?? I'm in Northern California. Where are you ? And how are we going to do this if you agree ?
Sincerely, Dave Taylor at dt69tery@neteze.com

crazzyviet

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2002
Ho Chi Min what? :) J/K. I'm no Viet Cong, actually my dad fought against them. Got our ass kicked though :( but yea i'm interested in selling you the hard drive and a copy of winxp. How about $50+shipping? But the thing is I haven't sold anything online before so dont know how much shipping would cost. You know who provide the cheapest shipping? Fedex? I live in Western Washington, i'll accept anything from checks to paypal. With check I need to clear it first.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
When you ship any computer components never use UPS. Make sure that when you ship it that you insure it for the proper amount, get a tracking number,and make sure the package has to be signed for by an adult. When you package the item make sure that it has at least 3" of packing material on <b>all</b> sides. It make cost you more for shipping, but it's almost guarenteed to never be DOA that way. I'm not buying the drive just wanted to give you some pointers on shipping computer components.

What good fortune for those in power that people
do not think. - <b>Adolf Hitler</b>

dt69tery

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2002
Ho Chi J/K .. ?? This gets weirder by the minute ..?
I just got my first copy of WinXP today. I have never installed or used XP, (and not sure I really want to?), but I work on a lot of other peoples computers and thought I should know a little more, or at least be a little more familiar with it so I baught a copy with my daughters PC. Has your copy ever been installed ? I'm not familliar with MS's new software policies, are you sure I can use it ? If so ... I'm interested. $50.00 sounds OK with XP included. I can't imagine shipping would be more than $10.00 Why don't you E-mail me at dt69tery@neteze.com so I don't have to go through all this Toms Hardware stuff just to see replies...
....... see ya on the trail.... D.T.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'll offer you $40 including shipping, which will cost you $4-6 by UPS. Get a hard drive box from a local computer store.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Status
Not open for further replies.