[SOLVED] Hard drive BSOD problem

May 31, 2021
Hello all.

I built my PC in 2017 and it's run with no problems up until recently, but I've started to have problems with my hard drive making the following noise:

It sort of sounds like it's rebooting. It happens quite often and is sometimes followed by a BSOD for unexpected store exception, memory management and occasionally core process died.

I have run Memtest on my PC which came back with no errors and I have also installed a brand new hard drive, but the same problem is occurring.

My PC's specs are:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4-860K 3.7GHz
Motherboard: ASUS A68HM Plus
PSU: Aerocool Integrator 500W
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
Hard drive (old and new): Seagate ST1000DM003 3.5 inch 1TB

Does anyone have an idea as to where I should go from here?

Many thanks.

Solution
Hello all.

I built my PC in 2017 and it's run with no problems up until recently, but I've started to have problems with my hard drive making the following noise:

It sort of sounds like it's rebooting. It happens quite often and is sometimes followed by a BSOD for unexpected store exception, memory management and occasionally core process died.

I have run Memtest on my PC which came back with no errors and I have also installed a brand new hard drive, but the same problem is occurring.

My PC's specs are:
Hard drive (old and new): Seagate...
Hello all.

My PC's specs are:
Hard drive (old and new): Seagate ST1000DM003 3.5 inch 1TB

Does anyone have an idea as to where I should go from here?

Many thanks.
Wag.....are you letting power management turn off the hdd?
Try a different sata cable and also a different sata port on the mobo.
Try a different power plug/cable from the psu.

Solution