[SOLVED] Hard drive can’t be used to boot windows 10

Dec 17, 2019
I just built my second pc and after installing everything I tried to install windows 10 but couldn’t. I got stuck on the part where you have to select disk. The disk is still unallocated and the only option there was “Next” and “New” which I assume the latter is for creating partition but I can’t do either of them. I figured that the problem would be with the hdd so I started to solve it but I can’t figure out to do cause I can’t use chkdsk to fix it as the hdd was write protected. I go into regedit but found no key regarding “StorageDevicePolicies” and string “WriteProtect”. I tried creating both of them with 32 dword and 64 qword bjt they keep disappearing after the restart. Next I tried diskpart, I tried to clear read-only thing but no luck. Can’t format because of no volume. I am really confused here what happened with my disk. What are my other options? I have to mention that I tried changing the windows media creation tool and usb too. SMART says the disk is okay.

Solution
I honestly have no idea how it popped up. I only typed regedit in the Shift+F10 cmd in windows installer page.
Whatever you invoked has nothing to do with the install.

How many drives are in this system? You need only the one drive connected while you install the OS.

Start over, just like this.

If/when it fails, take a screencap of that and post it here.

USAFRet

Titan
I honestly have no idea how it popped up. I only typed regedit in the Shift+F10 cmd in windows installer page.
Whatever you invoked has nothing to do with the install.

How many drives are in this system? You need only the one drive connected while you install the OS.

Start over, just like this.

If/when it fails, take a screencap of that and post it here.

Solution
Dec 17, 2019
I think I figured it out. After I’ve messing around with cmd and even linux boot, it’s just the cable. I can’t believe how stupid I am. Thank you so much for your reply man.