Question Hard Drive Case

Feb 24, 2024
I have a western digital that came out of a dead laptop. I'd trying to find a case/enclosure to use the hard drive as (external). The model is WD20SMRW-59YNDSO 2TB S/N WXYS2A907CLOH I use a cable usb micro b to usb-a so I can use the hard drive. I would like to find a case that will hold this hard drive. The connection on the hard drive is not dead center of the cases advertised.
thank you

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
From the pictures of this drive, the SATA power and data connections are where they are for basically every bog standard SATA hard drive. If your drive is different, you're going to have to actually take pictures and let us see rather than make us guess what your drive looks like. The best way to do this is upload pictures to a site like imgur and link the photos here.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
For 2.5" drives I typically purchase higher reviewed cheap slide type enclosures with the USB cable. Sabrent and Orinco have been really good for the money to life span for me. I am actually using the Orinco one as my "windows backup" drives and it gives me no real issue.