Hard drive causing windows to freeze on startup

MattsSoScene

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I recently sent my ASUS p8z68-V/Gen3 in for an ASUS RMA. the bored came back with the issue resolved but now I have a new problem. When ever I plug in my third hard drive, Windows freezes on the "windows Starting" screen. Windows just will not load with this third hard drive plugged in and I can not figure out what is causing this problem. The hard drive doesn't even have windows (or anything else) on it and I wasn't having this problem before i sent the board in. Could it be something that ASUS messed up on?

Any help would be appreciated.

and what happens when its plugged into the other PC? does it boot ok or no? If it does try removing all the partitions from the drive in disk management and then plug it back in. If it boots great, go ahead back into disk management and make a new partition and format it. If it doesn't then we can work on other solutions.

MattsSoScene

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

I don't have another PC to plug it into.

popatim

Titan
What happens if you plug the drive into one of the marvel sata ports.
Be sure all your sata ports are in AHCI mode in the bios and that you have the latest bios installed. You will need to reinstall iRST to update the intel firmware btw.

MattsSoScene

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Same problem.

All sata ports are in AHCI mode and the bios IS up to date.