[SOLVED] Hard drive cooling?

Sep 7, 2020
It's called Evercool Nighthawk, it seemingly has an intake and exhaust fan which are pointed to the logic board;
Found it for quite cheap and was wondering if there was any palpable benefit from this kind of product or if it would actually harm my drive, because of vibrations for example
0193500_1.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Normally I'd say - add couple more fans - at least one intake, one exhaust and it's fine.
But that case is sooo old. Some 10-15 years at least. Probably more.

It's time to get a new modern pc case.
It's called Evercool Nighthawk, it seemingly has an intake and exhaust fan which are pointed to the logic board;
Found it for quite cheap and was wondering if there was any palpable benefit from this kind of product or if it would actually harm my drive, because of vibrations for example
0193500_1.jpg
It wouldn't really make a significant difference unless your drives were getting hot enough that their lifespan is being affected.

Reactions: M4xi5834
Sep 7, 2020
It wouldn't really make a significant difference unless your drives were getting hot enough that their lifespan is being affected.
These days indeed can get quite hot and so getting up to 43/44* Celsius (Also because of poor ventilation on the chasis), It could be the case that these are normal operating temperatures but i thought that maybe it wouldn't hurt connecting the fans on these days in specific

These days indeed can get quite hot and so getting up to 43/44* Celsius (Also because of poor ventilation on the chasis), It could be the case that these are normal operating temperatures but i thought that maybe it wouldn't hurt connecting the fans on these days in specific
Yeah I don't think It'd hurt. I got lucky with my drives, I never see them exceed 35c

was wondering if there was any palpable benefit from this kind of product or if it would actually harm my drive, because of vibrations for example
Those usually perform poorly and are loud. But no harm in using them.
(Also because of poor ventilation on the chasis), It could be the case that these are normal operating temperatures
Then improve airflow in your pc case or get a better case.
What case model are you using? How many fans installed? Can you show any photos?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Normally I'd say - add couple more fans - at least one intake, one exhaust and it's fine.
But that case is sooo old. Some 10-15 years at least. Probably more.

It's time to get a new modern pc case.
Ay drill some holes and plop more fans in, and it's good to go! haha. I had this case that had bad airflow and just ended up cutting a hole in the side panel to fit a fan to help cool the suffocating bulldozer cpu haha.

Sep 7, 2020
Aright brothers, thanks for the replies! I think i have a serious problem when it comes to using money and always try to use the less amount possible, may have to look deeper into that.