Hard drive disappeared

Serjo1701

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Hello, i got a problem with my hard drive and i would appreciate if someone can help me!

ill start with the details, last night i was on my pc and when i went to sleep i turned it off with no problems, nothing unusual. next day when i turned the pc on, 1 of my 2 hard drives disappeared. i cheched which one of the two not showing and then i tried to reconnect the hard drive but it didnt help.

i checked the disc management inside the computer management and it shows that 458/465 gb of the hard disc are unallocated.

i have no idea what happened here, if its repairable, and if i can save the data that was on the hard drive.

i would greatly appreciated for some guidance on this issue !! thank you !

ill attach screenshots:

https://imgur.com/HNJyhOL

https://imgur.com/a/SYx8o

Solution
1. Do a Google search on "recovering data from unallocated disk-space" for info on programs you could employ that might be useful in recovering data. If the missing data on that HDD is extremely valuable or precious to you - perhaps irreplaceable data - then I would recommend a commercial data recovery service before anything else. Quite expensive in most cases as you can imagine.

2. As an aside...it appears that you cloned the original 500 GB HDD that contained an OS to the present 500 GB boot drive, but possibly you made a mistake by not disconnecting the "source" drive following the disk-cloning operation and failed to boot with ONLY with the newly-cloned drive connected. It's best never to have both the source & destination drives...
well there is nothing i can say for recovering data but by the looks of those its gone
the drive partition are unallocated and you have to recreate the partition then only you can assign the drive letter and use it then you can try to recover the data by recovery software(dont ask me which is best)

1. Do a Google search on "recovering data from unallocated disk-space" for info on programs you could employ that might be useful in recovering data. If the missing data on that HDD is extremely valuable or precious to you - perhaps irreplaceable data - then I would recommend a commercial data recovery service before anything else. Quite expensive in most cases as you can imagine.

2. As an aside...it appears that you cloned the original 500 GB HDD that contained an OS to the present 500 GB boot drive, but possibly you made a mistake by not disconnecting the "source" drive following the disk-cloning operation and failed to boot with ONLY with the newly-cloned drive connected. It's best never to have both the source & destination drives connected when you INITIALLY boot to the newly-cloned drive, capiche?

Now the above has nothing to do with your present problem but I'm pointing it out for future reference, OK?

Solution