Hard drive error on new system

bigrikk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hi all

I recently built a system and have used a Samsung spinpoint hard drive with a 6gb connector. All was fine and loaded all drivers and done windows update. However I now get an error with a system 32 file on start up. I have had an issue correcting an SCSI controller. I have tried a restore to earlier time and did make a back up. However I cannot get the system to start. I am using Windows 7 OEM 64 bit. Can I salvage or do I need to start again. Hard drive is also first in boot priority. Can't find any drivers and Windows did fail to fix the SCSI controller.

Please help as really don't want a full reinstall unless necessary. I have update all motherboard drivers too and video card etc.

Please help

Rikk

bigrikk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
SCSI error was showing as the hard drive but I do have usb logitech keyboards and mouse plugged in and also 5.1 speakers into the audio jack on the motherboard.

Also the bluetooth driver was removed in the restore that is on he motherboard.

Issue just stated that it was unrecognised scsi adapter and had the safely remove hardware on the bottom of the screen. Windows ran its internal repair and stated it could not repair it. I can look at specifics when I get home from the office later.

However, the system was updgrading and fine until the latest windows update rebooted during the night whilst downloading.

bigrikk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hey just home and had a look and it states

Root Cause Found

Boot Critical File D:\window\system32\DRIVERS\iastor.sys is corrupt.

Any ideas?

bigrikk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hey guys managed to restore to the very start (lost warcraft installation too :p) Going to run Avast system scan once installed my drivers again etc just to be sure. Anyone know of any software I could get to scan for such errors in the future?

Cheers for all the advice