Hard Drive Failure

Syedbaleegh

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
I was playing game on the laptop (Dell Inspiron 17R) as the graphics of the game was heavy it was running quite slow, as a lay man I just tapped the laptop and it started working fine but moments later it was again sluggish in the game so I hit it hard and the laptop shuts down. I tried to restart the system but a blue screen appears and the system restarted again. Once I sent the hard drive to the vendor they told me that it’s out of order now and I have to buy a new one to continue my routine work. I tried to recover the data using all possible software's but to no clue, I used HDD regenerator, Partition Guru, Easy Recovery Professional, Get Data but all failed. The size of the HDD was 1 TD out of which over 700 GB was empty. This drive contains some important data in MS-word and MS-Excel format. It contains some 120 movies as well. Now how to get this data back, I am really in trouble. It’s been eleven days but to no clue. Is there any way I can retrieve the data, if some serious professionals help me out in this regard I will be greatly obliged? I know I have been crazy but now I want to get back my data, please please help. thanks

Solution
As already mentioned. The drive seems to be damaged and if you have no luck with neither data recovery software, nor Ubuntu, then you should go for professional help and get in touch with a data recovery company.

There's no way for any software to repair bad sectors as that's damage on the surface of the HDD's platters. :\
Hey there, Syedbaleegh.

You could try accessing the drive via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD (this is a freeware, bootable, portable version of Linux), to see if it can recognize the HDD properly and let you get to your data. If neither this nor data recovery software can do the trick, then I'm afraid you'll have no other option besides going for a professional solution, such as a data recovery company.

If you think you still might have a chance with data recovery programs, here's a link some more suggestions for you to try: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

Syedbaleegh

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Dear Sir, The technique which is described by you is for disk management, not disk recovery in LINUX.

and we also tried most of the software's shared in the link, but to no clue so please advise what to do next

What I meant to say is that you can use this portable version of Linux, so that you can see if that OS is able to recognize the drive's partition's properly. As for the data recovery software, yes, those are Windows options.

Unfortunately bad sectors cant be removed. Bad sectors are practically physical damage on the platters of the drive. If there're are only a several of them you could perform a low level format and hope that they don't pop-up again, if they have been remapped so that they are not used anymore. However, having in mind the condition of your drive, I seriously doubt that this would do the job, plus a low level format will make your data irrecoverable even if you could perform it. :(

It really sounds like you should turn to a data recovery company for help.

Syedbaleegh

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
here I need to update your knowledge about my HDD
1. It is running fine but a little sound comes once attached with pc via SATA - USB cable
2. In my computer the HDD is showing with 931 GB free space
3. If I try to run recuva it shows about 217 files found but it stucks in the middle
4. After a while the recuva stops running
5. I need some software to either repair or remove the bad sectors from the HDD
If you can help I will be obliged thanks

As already mentioned. The drive seems to be damaged and if you have no luck with neither data recovery software, nor Ubuntu, then you should go for professional help and get in touch with a data recovery company.

There's no way for any software to repair bad sectors as that's damage on the surface of the HDD's platters. :\

Solution