Hard drive failure

Superiorcurve

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
So windows wanted me to repair my hard drive about 4-5 days ago. I repaired it and it only took about 2 hours for my computer to boot back up and repair the hard drive. I started up my pc today and the hard drive was making this sound (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYxEfo6XzZ0). I figured that my hard drive failed and had my backup usb hard drive and a new hard drive that I ordered a few weeks earlier. When i plugged the backup and new hard drive in and went to the bios both registered and appeared in boot up options 1&2. When i clicked on the backup the message: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press key. I'm completely stuck on what to do here.

Superiorcurve

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015

Seagate - Backup Plus 1TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Portable Hard Drive

the segate backup plus is just another external form of storage like a usb flash drive. what i'm reading is you backed up your flash drive from your external hard drive. I still do not know how it was backed up, only that you backed it up and then moved it to a flash drive.

for example did you create a system image?
if you created a system image, what program did you use?
did you copy only files and then move them to the flash drive?

please be more specific.

if you did not use a system image software, your operating system needs to be reinstalled from scratch. then, you need to reinstall the backup program you used to restore your personal files, which i assume was provided on your segate backup plus drive. the segate backup plus drive does not provide system image software.

Superiorcurve

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015

no I did not create a system image

TRENDING THREADS