hi,
i have an existing server that uses scsi hd. i want to nstall another
drive for additional storage. i know that scsii (@10000 rpm) are faster
than ide (@7200 rpm). i have heard of sata that also reach 10000rpm. i
have not used any of these new sata drives yet so i want some feedback
as to their reliability when it comes to server class storage. i use my
server as a file server. applications are client based and are the
photo imagery & cad applications - photoshop, microstation, autocad,
etc....in short there is constant read & write operations to & from the
server drives....

thanks in advance

hi peter,

i am not sure of scsi controller or drives but our server is compaq
proliant mlxxx something. i am at home at the moment so i have no way
to verify these numbers. anyway i beleive it came as standard
specifications...i mean we did not ask the dealer to modify any
existing specs...

peter

> hi,
> i have an existing server that uses scsi hd. i want to nstall another
> drive for additional storage. i know that scsii (@10000 rpm) are faster
> than ide (@7200 rpm). i have heard of sata that also reach 10000rpm. i
> have not used any of these new sata drives yet so i want some feedback
> as to their reliability when it comes to server class storage. i use my
> server as a file server. applications are client based and are the
> photo imagery & cad applications - photoshop, microstation, autocad,
> etc....in short there is constant read & write operations to & from the
> server drives....
>
> thanks in advance

What is your server (brand, model), current SCSI controller and disk drives?