I was trying to recover data from an old Maxtor Diamondmax 16 300 Gb ata/133 IDE hard drive using a cheap IDE/SATA to USB 2.0 adapter and power kit something like this. As soon as I switched power on there was a spark and little bit of smoke coming out of hard drive from the location marked. I quickly turned power off. Is my hard drive fried? I have no PSU to connect to hard drive and check. Will I be able to recover data from it? What is in that location on hard drive where spark came out? Thanks.