Hard drive icons are shown as folder icons.

axn700

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Hello,
Please someone help my harddrive icons are showing as folder icons and I can not access any of those folders by double clicking on them however when I select the location from My computers address bar I can select the drive and it would take me to the drive . but I think it is really messing up with my computer it is getting very slow and I can not install adobe flash.

axn700

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
oh I am damn sure it is a virus because it does not let me opem my hard drives or it did not even let Malwarebytes' Anti malware download the updates and it did not even let Kaspersky download updates but somehow kaspersky did and still the problem is not solved yet. The computer has become slow and even if computer finds some viruses but it could not remove them delete them or do nothing I just need to press skip button. It had some virus on one of my drive E:/selma/ ......... But I don't even have any folder named selma on my E drive. So which antivirus, Antispyware do you suggest? Do you have any suggestion to make my computer as it was. I have even reinstalled windows after this problem but it remains as it is. and one important information All my hard disk drives show folder icon except my C: drive which has the windows. Let me know if you have solutions for any of my problems.

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
found this in a search for selma virus

I did find this, but only 1 mention of it,
The FBI states that pop up messages claiming that you have a virus and you are in need of anti-virus software may, ironically, actually contain a virus that could harm your computer, cause costly repairs or, even worse, lead to identity theft.

any chance of geting Microsoft Security Essentials downloaded and installed, maybe clean things up enough to do a real cleaning

axn700

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Thanks for the help. I just changed the computer bought new one I5 760 with 4 GB RAM and 1 TB Hard Disk. Thanks for the help though. Will start that old machine some other time.