Hard Drive issues maybe??

Falloutmaniac2

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
I have two hard drives 1 SSD for windows and other things, and a 1TB HDD Blue Western Digital for games. And after formatting the 1TB for use Windows says I have 931 GB to use. So that puts it at 69 GB used right off the bat, I know this happens to every hard drive, a certain portion is unusable to the user.
Currently when I select all the files inside the hard drive it is 155 GB. (This is all that is inside)
So from the files inside it should be like this "776 GB free of 931 GB". But it is saying "708 GB free of 931 GB".
I put only 155 GB of things in the Hard drive so why is it saying that I am using more than what is in it?

this is what I am seeing when I click on hdd properties:
222 GB used (when I only have 155 GB in it) ALL out of 931 GB
where is that extra 67 GB coming from? I know I'm supposed to be getting 931 GB since it needs to use space for something dealing with windows, and that's why it doesn't give me the full 1000 GB, but it is taking and extra 67 GB from somewhere??
Or am I just crazy and there isn't an issue??? Link to pictures to help clarify below

http://imgur.com/a/tn73N

Solution
There is no 'issue'.

1. 931GB does not mean "69 GB used right off the bat". That is still a 1TB drive. Just that the advertising text (1TB) does not equal the Base 2 reporting that the OS tells you (931GB). You've lost nothing

2. Selecting 'all the files' is not selecting 'everything';. There are several things you don't see.
hibernation, page file, System Restore points....all those take up space that may be hidden from you.

USAFRet

Titan
There is no 'issue'.

1. 931GB does not mean "69 GB used right off the bat". That is still a 1TB drive. Just that the advertising text (1TB) does not equal the Base 2 reporting that the OS tells you (931GB). You've lost nothing

2. Selecting 'all the files' is not selecting 'everything';. There are several things you don't see.
hibernation, page file, System Restore points....all those take up space that may be hidden from you.

Solution

Latest posts