[SOLVED] Hard drive light always on, updating Storage Controllers

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Hello, community.

I have noticed that recently my hard drive light is always on after I play the game called World of Tanks. I googled the problem and one of the solutions is to update the Storage Controller drivers. I have 2 two sets of controllers, one is 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1e08 and the second is 4 Port Storage Controller 1e00. I checked one driver and it is only one build behind the latest one available. I have x.x.29 and the latest one is x.x.30, they were both released in the same year of 2013.

My questions are:

1. Should I upgrade?
  2. What would happen if the drivers are wrong, how would I restore my Windows/Boot it back up to install the old, working, version?
  3. Is there anyone out there who could provide me with some advice on why the HD light become always on after I play the game?

Thank you in advance.

P.s. If more info needed, I will be happy to provide it.

Max.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to mention your system's specs before you go any further.

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: including the version of your BIOS
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I think you should also try and uninstall the game and then reinstall it with the latest client, per the server you play on in accordance to your region.

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Hello, again.

List of my specs
CPU: i5 3570k
Motherboard: P8H77-M, American Megatrends Inc, 1306, 3/7/2014 (this is the latest version for my mobo)
Ram: 16MMB
SSD/HDD: 850Evo SSD 1TB primary, Western Digital HDD 1TB secondary
GPU: 750 GTX Stryx 4 GB
PSU:
Chassis:

The game World of Tanks has its own Launcher and always updating when necessary. When the light is always on, I keep checking for processes that are running and there are no programs running, but like service host diagnostics or some low level windows services and nothing else. Also, when I put my PC to sleep and wake it up then the HDD light turns back to normal. I have setup my caches from web browsers to be written to my HDD instead of SSD.

Last edited:

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Popatim,
I have downloaded the
Chipset
Version 11.0.0.1157 2015/09/07 for Win 10x64, but when I try to install it, the installer gives me "Fatal Error during installation" and the only option is to exit.

I don't know why.

popatim

Titan
I don't know and the bad news is that Intel doesn't seem to support windows 10 on your H77 chipset> there is no driver for it on download.intel.com.. It could be that the drivers they used to have no longer work with the current W10 builds.

Gigabyte has a 10..0.1.8 if you want to try thatone. It's still from intel.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_intel_w10.zip

Solution