hard drive locked and cant start in safe mode help please

sacbaby

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Hi I went to turn on my laptop and it will come up with the microsoft logo then just keeps rolling around the start up and wont go no further. I have tried safe mode with or without network and it still wont do anything. I have a partitioned hard drive with the recovery on but I have some photos on there I have just put on so dont want to loose really but it still wouldnt let me take it back to factory settings. Any help would be really grateful so thanks in advance.

Solution
The instructions for use are at the bottom of the page, it does not require a working OS to run - it does need an optical drive or USB drive to run from.
Basically what you will do is create a boot disk that will also contain SeaTools, when you boot up your computer from disk (or USB) seatools will run and prompt you to help do it's thing

sacbaby

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Hi thanks for replying, I am not very computer literate so could you possible explain how I run the seatools DOS when I cant get it to do anything. Sorry if I sound stupid ;)

The instructions for use are at the bottom of the page, it does not require a working OS to run - it does need an optical drive or USB drive to run from.
Basically what you will do is create a boot disk that will also contain SeaTools, when you boot up your computer from disk (or USB) seatools will run and prompt you to help do it's thing

Solution

TRENDING THREADS