Hard drive makes weird noise and freezes

Error137

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Hi guys, first of all I am really sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, this is my first time posting something here. So basically last night I was playing a game, and all of the sudden my screen freezes. I could still move the mouse but the screen was frozen, I take my headphones off and I hear this "meow" sound coming from my PC, I close it, unplug everything, open it up, and look around, I took out all the components re-seated them and powered it back up, the sound isn't there anymore so I thought I fixed it. Until 5-6 minutes later when it starts to do it again, but this time it "meows" like 2-3 times then goes back to normal, when I was browsing the "my computer" you know looking through folders and such the meow was appearing and only "my computer" was freezing, like it was trying to load everything at the same time, I want to know if the hard drive is dying, dead, or is just a problem with the windows. And if it's dying, if I'm able to recover data from it, I have this hard drive since 2010 and since then I gathered a lot of songs, pictures, and so on.

well if you feel it is the problem and do not want to lose stuff then buy another drive they are not expensive now days and when they fail there is nothing you can do about it recovery is expensive. I had a fairly new 2tb just stop working after 3-4 years.