Hard drive mounting bracket question.

figarot12

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hello,

I've just bought everything I need for a new build, but when I opened my case (Zalman Z9 U3) earlier today to look at the hard drive slots I noticed that there were no mounting brackets shipped with it, so as it is my first build I have no idea what to do without them.

This is what stands in the case description:
Tool Free HDD Installation with Anti-Vibration Rubber
The server-type tool-free HDD mount trays allow for easy HDD installation/removal and maintenance. All HDDs are mounted using anti-vibration rubber mounts to aid in reducing HDD noise.

What can I do now? Did I oversee something that was included in the box?

The hard drive is a seagate barracuda 500 GB 3,5".

And please remember that this is my first costum build, so i could make a very stupid mistake.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
there should be knobs or slats or trays or something that gets attached to the HDD, and then the HDD should just slide into place.

On cases that I've used, it's a plastic piece that has 2 prongs that go into the side screw holes on the HDD, you used one piece on either side, and then slide the HDD into place, and usually they lock it into place as well.

figarot12

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Thank you, I will take a look at it, I spend some time looking at preview pictures of the case and it looked a little bit confusing to me.

figarot12

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Here it is:
rIHVYKJ.png

Sorry that I didn't include it, I needed to edit the size first.

(This was taken from a samsung galaxy ace camera, sorry about the quality)

Hello... picture is good... the upper spaces to the right are for screw mounting your 3.5" CD/DVD or Hardrive... the bottom right slots are for Hotplug/slide in and out system, you will have to mount/screw a bracket/system to the hardrive to use them.

figarot12

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hi all I figured it out, I need to screw the HDD's in place using a "special" system:
OAjtGBM.png

Those rubber rounds are used to mount the HDD in place, if I understand it right.

It's shown in this picture i think:
7EWlch8.jpg

Can you guys confirm that?