[SOLVED] Hard Drive not found error elitebook 8470p

Jun 19, 2020
Hello ,
So a few days back I dropped my laptop , an elitebook 8470p from my hand . The fall was really short since it just dropped from the desk to the chair . After that when i tried to reboot it took me to a recovery state asking me to scan memory and hard drive first . Memory scan came out fine but hard drive one returned with a "cannot be found" error . I tried rebooting but it keeps giving me no boot device , hard drive found .
I did open the laptop and just saw that one of the screws had come off , not from hard drive . I put that back in and didnt notice any other problems . Could it be that the hdd couldve just like gotten a shake and disconnected or its a totally hopeless case and I'll need a new drive ?

Thank you in advance .

Solution
I would remove and reinstall the HDD but yes, a simple drop like that could damage the HDD especially if it was being used (read or writes) at the time.

AnotherPCuser

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Popatim is right. I have the same laptop model as yours and I had the same issue too about a year ago. In my case the hard drive got loose from the connector pins from so I reattached it and the issue was immediately resolved. ✨ Thankfully my hard drive didn't face any damage from the fall.