[SOLVED] Hard drive not listed as boot option

Jan 22, 2021
I can install Windows 10 off a USB drive to the new internal SSD drive, but when I go back to boot options the hard drive is not listed.
Whether I choose Legacy or UEFI Windows Boot Manager isn't listed either.
The drive is recognized in BIOS, but not listed as a boot option.
I was able to update the BIOS to latest version and still same problem.
I've reset BIOS back to factory etc. I don't know how many times and it doesn't change a thing.
I've moved sata cable from sata0 to sata1 same problem.
I removed the jumper and powered on and powered off nothing has changed.
I'm about to lose my mind!
I've NEVER experienced anything like this before.

By the way, it's a DELL Inspiron 3670 MT

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

Solution
I found the "Clear" under PTT Security, but I had to put it back into UEFI.
I turned secure boot back on in UEFI, cleared the TPM and under boot sequence in UEFI there is nothing showing.
So I click on "Add Boot Option" and a little box appears saying "File System Not Found!"
What is happening!!??????
..... You never cleared the system security parameter's so the drives were still locked technically. the system was never fully open to new sources. You will probably need to do a fresh install, for a proper functioning system. the last time i had this issue it wouldn't allow for me to upgrade anything in my roommates system till we fully reset everything. clear the sercuity parameters disable them then go from there install what...
I can install Windows 10 off a USB drive to the new internal SSD drive, but when I go back to boot options the hard drive is not listed.
Whether I choose Legacy or UEFI Windows Boot Manager isn't listed either.
The drive is recognized in BIOS, but not listed as a boot option.
I was able to update the BIOS to latest version and still same problem.
I've reset BIOS back to factory etc. I don't know how many times and it doesn't change a thing.
I've moved sata cable from sata0 to sata1 same problem.
I removed the jumper and powered on and powered off nothing has changed.
I'm about to lose my mind!
I've NEVER experienced anything like this before.

By the way, it's a DELL Inspiron 3670 MT

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!
system specs, and if there's nothing register as a boot files or certificate you realize that it wont be registered as a boot device in bios it will just be labled as a drive if i look at mine right no i have like three boot device in my bios the rest are in a separate section

Jan 22, 2021
system specs, and if there's nothing register as a boot files or certificate you realize that it wont be registered as a boot device in bios it will just be labled as a drive if i look at mine right no i have like three boot device in my bios the rest are in a separate section
Intel i3-8100 @3.60ghz, 8gb DDR4
Purchased in 2019

"and if there's nothing register as a boot files or certificate you realize that it wont be registered as a boot device in bios it will just be labled as a drive "
I'm not following you here.
the hdd is registing in the pc right? it just dosn't show in the bios "boot" section right? it's probably in a different location in the bios my bios will separate the drives with allocated boot sectors on them to different parts of the bios then the storage drives, your bios maybe be doing the same if the pc is still registering the drive

Jan 22, 2021
the hdd is registing in the pc right? it just dosn't show in the bios "boot" section right? it's probably in a different location in the bios my bios will separate the drives with allocated boot sectors on them to different parts of the bios then the storage drives, your bios maybe be doing the same if the pc is still registering the drive
Correct, when I look under System Information it show the PNY 240gb SSD connected to SATA-0 under Device Information.
Why would it be in a different location in the bios?
I've installed new hard drives hundreds of times and this is the first time that I'm experiencing this.

david noble has several videos on your desktop on his youtube channle

Correct, when I look under System Information it show the PNY 240gb SSD connected to SATA-0 under Device Information.
Why would it be in a different location in the bios?
I've installed new hard drives hundreds of times and this is the first time that I'm experiencing this.
it's dumb i know it's because they're trying to help you keep your storage and boot device seperated now because people were getting mad they couldn't tell what was what in the past

TRENDING THREADS