Hard drive not showing in "Computer". Win 7. Is in device managent.

Srfoot

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
My Seagate 2TBarracuda ST2000DM001 was removed from an old NAS.
I put it into my external, powered usb holder and it runs. Drivers installed. Shows in device manager. I have turned it off/on. I have uninstalled from device manager and reinstalled. No other options shown in device manager. Properties show it is working fine.
I want to transfer info. from it to my new NAS.
OS of this computer is: Win pro 7. 32 bit.

Any help appreciated.
Thank you.

Solution

Try Right clicking it in control panel>system>admin tools>computer management>disc Management and selecting "change drive letter and paths". I have found that some drives are not automatically assigned a 'letter'.

joex444

Distinguished
Could be the old NAS ran ext partitions and a Linux backend and Windows can't read ext partitions. Go to Computer Management, and then Disk Management and see if you see a 2TB drive with an unmounted partition that might be labelled "RAW".

Srfoot

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Thank you for your request.
I do not see an icon to upload my pics. from my desktop.
There is a link icon for url but I don't see an upload option?
Thank you.

Srfoot

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hi;
It is the ST2000DM. 2T
I have now put my 2 old drives into my old NAS, reloaded the software and after much trial and error I can access them and transfer the data to my new NAS.
I'll assume that the NAS works off of Linux and that was the reason or some type of other file structure that I don't understand.
If I should have been able to access it on my windows computer, that would have been much easier.
Thank you.

Morsk37

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016

Try Right clicking it in control panel>system>admin tools>computer management>disc Management and selecting "change drive letter and paths". I have found that some drives are not automatically assigned a 'letter'.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS