Question Hard Drive not showing up in bios but shows up in windows 10 installation

Jul 23, 2019
Pc was working just fine and for 2 days now when i turn it on it says

An operating system wasn’t found. Try disconnecting any drives that don’t contain an operating system.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
I have 2 hard drives in the pc wd 1tb 7200 and seagate 2tb 7200. OS win10 64bit is installed in the wd drive which is divided into 2 partitions and in the bios only the seagate is showing up, wd is spinning and i even changed the sata cable and connector but the problem persists.
I loaded up windows installation from a usb flash drive. In there it shows both the hard drives and partitions. I can't install new windows because all the other data on the selected partition will be gone.
This happened a year ago as well.
What happens in the start of the problem is the computer turns on but doesn't boot with orange led on in the mobo (usually its white), i take the ram out and put it back in, it works but all of a sudden it does this. Only seems to happen once a year tho. Can someone tell me how to get the data from the wd to seagate drive so i can install windows again? Also if anyone knows can you tell why this is happening as in the hard drive not showing up in bios but showing up in windows installation?
Specs
Ryzen 5 1600
Gtx 1060 6gb
1* corsair vengeance 2400mhz 8gb
Rog strix b350-f gaming
Wd 1tb 7200
Seagate 2tb 7200
Corsair VS 450 PSU

Lutfij

Titan
Remove all your storage drives except for the 1TB WD drive and see if that powers up? I'm leaning towards your PSU being the root of the cause. It's also a good idea to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

How old is the PSU, btw? Can you source a donor PSU that is a step above in terms of quality from your friend or neighbor?

Jul 23, 2019
Remove all your storage drives except for the 1TB WD drive and see if that powers up? I'm leaning towards your PSU being the root of the cause. It's also a good idea to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

How old is the PSU, btw? Can you source a donor PSU that is a step above in terms of quality from your friend or neighbor?
The PSU is 2 years old i think i might have to get a new one

Jul 23, 2019

I removed the seagate hdd and it now recognizes the wd and everything is fine. Plugged the seagate back again and still works. Don't know why this happened but thanks anyway :)