Hard Drive not showing up in bios or my computer but does show up in device manager

leofin

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
I'm having an issue where I'm only able to see one drive in bios at a time, my SSD (which windows 10 is installed on) and my HDD. The sata slot my SSD is currently plugged into is the only one which shows a drive. When I look in my computer I can't see my HDD but I can see it in device manager and computer management (which shows it as correctly formatted).
How do I fix this?

Solution
We're assuming your SSD is your boot drive and you can boot to the OS without any problem there.
So your HDD functions (or should function) as a secondary drive for storage, backup, etc. purposes, right?
In Disk Management, does the HDD bear a drive letter? If not, that's the problem. Assign a drive letter to the drive.
We're assuming your SSD is your boot drive and you can boot to the OS without any problem there.
So your HDD functions (or should function) as a secondary drive for storage, backup, etc. purposes, right?
In Disk Management, does the HDD bear a drive letter? If not, that's the problem. Assign a drive letter to the drive.

Solution