[SOLVED] Hard drive not showing up

Ij6969

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
So I just got a new 1tb nvme ssd as a secondary storage drive and it’s all set up and everything but now my other hard drive won’t show up. It won’t show up in disk Management or in bios either. When I turn on the pc it does make sound so I don’t think it’s dead. I even went as far as replacing the sata cable and nothing. Anyway this can be fixed?

Solution
The drive letter is now F instead of D I’ll change it. Most of my programs aren’t working either I’ll try to re download them. Or should I just format my drive because there is an Os on that drive that I don’t need anymore and it’s mostly just games in there.
I would save all the data off there that you want on your OS drive or another backup drive and then reformat to have the entire drive available for storage. It will turn out to be the fastest most reliable option.

RealBeast

Titan
So I just got a new 1tb nvme ssd as a secondary storage drive and it’s all set up and everything but now my other hard drive won’t show up. It won’t show up in disk Management or in bios either. When I turn on the pc it does make sound so I don’t think it’s dead. I even went as far as replacing the sata cable and nothing. Anyway this can be fixed?
Many boards disable one or two SATA ports when you use both NVMe slots.

Your manual will give details, as you didn't give any model information, but it is usually only one or two SATA ports so the other SATA ports should work.

Ij6969

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
Many boards disable one or two SATA ports when you use both NVMe slots.

Your manual will give details, as you didn't give any model information, but it is usually only one or two SATA ports so the other SATA ports should work.
I have an asus b450-f motherboard. Should I try a different sata port?

RealBeast

Titan
It worked but now my files aren’t recognized even tho they weren’t deleted. For example my games are not launching
Is the drive letter the same? If not change it to what it was.

You may need to reinstall some games so that the OS knows where they are -- you just changed their location to a new SATA port.

For STEAM files, just reinstall the STEAM app and redirect the files like THIS.

Ij6969

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
Is the drive letter the same? If not change it to what it was.

You may need to reinstall some games so that the OS knows where they are -- you just changed their location to a new SATA port.

For STEAM files, just reinstall the STEAM app and redirect the files like THIS.
The drive letter is now F instead of D I’ll change it. Most of my programs aren’t working either I’ll try to re download them. Or should I just format my drive because there is an Os on that drive that I don’t need anymore and it’s mostly just games in there.

Last edited:

RealBeast

Titan
I would save all the data off there that you want on your OS drive or another backup drive and then reformat to have the entire drive available for storage. It will turn out to be the fastest most reliable option.

Solution