neenishtarts

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I recently built a new system, and thanks to people on these forums, I was able to get the cooling properly installed. Another problem has arisen. I purchased two Samsung 500GB drives, both of which are SATAII, and a Pioneer Blu-Ray drive, which is also SATAII. The Blu-ray drive and one of the 500GB is showing up. Why isn't the second 500GB?

It doesn't show up in Disk Management, Device Manager or the BIOS. When I went into the BIOS, it showed that in Channel 0, the Blu-Ray drive was the Master and the 500GB was the Slave. Does this have anything to do with why the 500GB drive isn't showing up?

I've also got to connect two IDE drives. Will the installation fo the IDE drives in any way affect the two 500GB drives, or will that be something to edit in the BIOS? Once again, any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

pysyrian

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
do you have RAID installed on them? I'm pretty sure that would do it because it uses two drives simultaneously....

I don't think the IDE drives will affect it from what I've been reading, it will be something that'll have to be modified within ur BIOS