Hard drive partition with OS cannot be read. Can this be fixed?

csmasht

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
My brother's laptop won't boot up to windows so I did some troubleshooting and put the hard drive in a hdd enclosure. The backup partition can be read with all the files and stuff but the other drive with the operating system can be seen but it just says local disk F. I can't open it or anything. Is there any way to fix this or should i format it?

Solution
Hey there, csmasht.

If there's no valuable data on that drive. or if you have already backed it up, I'd recommend that you download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive, to see if anything out of the ordinary pops-up. If everything seems to be fine with the drive itself, I guess that if you don't mind reformatting it - a fresh install of Windows should do the trick.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, csmasht.

If there's no valuable data on that drive. or if you have already backed it up, I'd recommend that you download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive, to see if anything out of the ordinary pops-up. If everything seems to be fine with the drive itself, I guess that if you don't mind reformatting it - a fresh install of Windows should do the trick.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS