hard drive raid mode to IDE?

kingsha

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I have windows vista 64 bit and I want to install windows xp and my hard drive is in raid mode (Stripe) but I need it in ide but the sata controller mode is in raid mode in bios (grey colour) and it can't be changed so how do I convert RAID to IDE? (my computer is packard bell Ixtreme X6618). Intel core 2 quad 2.33GHZ, 4GB DDR2, nforce 730i, NVidia GT 120, Seagate 640 hard drive, motherboard model FMCP7AM, BIOS Brand: American megatrends.inc, version: R01-A3 date 08/20/2009

Solution
What you need to do is provide the correct AHCI SATA driver for your particular computer. I would start by searching the Packard Bell websites. When you start the install and it asks you if you need a 3rd party device driver, it will say press F8, or something like that (it has been a long time since I did an XP install) then later in the setup it will tell you to insert the disk with the proper driver on it. It will load the driver from the disk, and continue the setup.
So you need to find the driver, copy it to a disk or USB device, and have it ready before you start the install.

And there is a way to create a new XP installation disk from your old one with the drivers included on it, it is called slipstreaming. Google search for...
What you need to do is provide the correct AHCI SATA driver for your particular computer. I would start by searching the Packard Bell websites. When you start the install and it asks you if you need a 3rd party device driver, it will say press F8, or something like that (it has been a long time since I did an XP install) then later in the setup it will tell you to insert the disk with the proper driver on it. It will load the driver from the disk, and continue the setup.
So you need to find the driver, copy it to a disk or USB device, and have it ready before you start the install.

And there is a way to create a new XP installation disk from your old one with the drivers included on it, it is called slipstreaming. Google search for "slipstream SATA driver for XP" for instructions on how to create a new install CD for XP using this method.

Solution

kingsha

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
The packard bell website only have windows vista and 7 drivers and on properties of C drive it say's NVidia 596.17G0100 location NVidia nForce RAID Controller ( im a noob when it comes do like RAID and this stuff. in boot menu it shows that my hard drive and DVD drive are RAID. How can I remove both from RAID