Mar 4, 2020
Hello, recently I have noticed my hard drive disappearing when I install something; this occurs on my (D : drive. As I was trying to update Overwatch, I heard a random click noise come from my PC and all of a sudden the drive disappears from file explorer and comes back while updating. This prevents the update and comes up with an error. Every time I install something with the (D : drive, a click noise makes the drive disappear and come back. Is there any fix for this, or do I have to get a new hard drive?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind sharing a screen shot of how your HDD looks? Often times when an HDD is at it's brim(in terms of capacity) the drive might have a hard time accessing data. You might also want to share the rest of your specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Reactions: Judgefrollo
Mar 4, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind sharing a screen shot of how your HDD looks? Often times when an HDD is at it's brim(in terms of capacity) the drive might have a hard time accessing data. You might also want to share the rest of your specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Thank you! c:
I can't get a photo right now, I will be able to take that tomorrow if that's fine. However I can tell the specs and what hard drive I'm using.
CPU :
I7 2016 6700K
Motherboard : Motherboard H170
Ram : 16 GB DDR4 HYPERX
GPU : Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb
PSU : LitePower 650 W
HDD : SEAGATE barracuda 1 TB