Hard Drive recognized by windows but doesnt work

Jul 21, 2018
The hard disk shows up in devices under device management but not in explorer and it doesnt work. I went to disk management and tried to initialize the drive, but it says cyclic redundancy error. It shows up in disk management as unallocated and not initialized. I double checked the sata cables and switched them too. I tightened them as well but it doesnt seem to work. What do I do. Please help me as this is a new build and im really tensed. Thanks a lot. [The model of the drive is - WDC WD10EZEX 08WN4A0]

Solution
Going forward, ensure you establish and maintain routine full image OS & data partition backups on external media of your choosing. HDDs and SSDs can fail after years or fail after days.

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018

Have you tried that HDD on another pc? That would make sure it's not your motherboad that's causing the issue.

Jul 21, 2018

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
Also, try using your manufacturer's disk checking tool so you know it's not your HDD that's dying. I think Seatools will work for that, also if your HDD is recognized in the command prompt, try checking that disk for errors.

Jul 21, 2018

I can't currently, I only have this pc available

Jul 21, 2018

The cmd wont recognize my hdd and neither would the seatool you suggested :(