I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the hard drive to its orignal,
day 1, settings? Windows XP by the way.

Boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:DiskPart,in
DiskPart,
delete the partition,then press Esc key.The hd is as it once was,raw.You
could,
back in DiskPart,after deleteing,create a partition,then Esc,then type:
FORMAT C: FS/ntfs After it'll be clean with ntfs file system on it,ready
to serve.
When thru,type:EXIT

"DWID" wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the hard drive to its orignal,
> day 1, settings? Windows XP by the way.

If you do as Andrew say you will have a hard drive with NOTHING on it. Is
this what you want to do?

Or do you mean that you want your COMPUTER to be the way it was when you
bought it?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> Boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:DiskPart,in
> DiskPart,
> delete the partition,then press Esc key.The hd is as it once was,raw.You
> could,
> back in DiskPart,after deleteing,create a partition,then Esc,then type:
> FORMAT C: FS/ntfs After it'll be clean with ntfs file system on it,ready
> to serve.
> When thru,type:EXIT
>
> "DWID" wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the hard drive to its
>> orignal,
>> day 1, settings? Windows XP by the way.

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002

Richard,

Is there a way to get my computer back to the way it was when I bought it?
I get tons of error messages, my computer freezes and shuts down on its own.
I can't figure out how to correct the problems without removing everything on
the hard drive. If you could help that would be great.

Thanks,
Sandy