Hard Drive Running Very hot! 133F hot HELP URGENT!!!

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
i have a file server that i put any hard drive that passes the bios drive diagnostic and some other hard drive tests to make sure they work into the file server ...... so here the issue i have 2 old hard drives out of the 15 in it and these 2 are running very hot and they arnt next to each other either so does this mean Inpending Drive Failure? their temps are 130-133F which compared to my other drives happily running at around 80-90F this seems dangerously hot any advise?

this is a hotter then the highest temps i can get my old 1050 to reach it maxes out 127F after hours of ultra everything heaven bench mark!

kanewolf

Titan
If they are really 133F that is above the operating temps for most disk drives. Seagate lists 50C (122F) as the high operating temp. I guess the next step would be the touch it and see if it is much hotter (or use an infrared thermometer). Need to determine if the sensor is reading accurately.

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
one other thing could i possibly put a laptop heatsink on it to help with temps?

*EDIT* yes i have plenty of air flow and its only these 2 drives and they arnt close to each other so it cant be that ones really hot and the heat is transfering to other drive i have 6 case fans then 3 ziptied inside the case just to circulate air