Question Hard Drive set to Read-Only

mgBride

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
I have an EVGA Z690 Classified MB with an i7 12700KF CPU, 32 Gb Trident Z5 DDR5-6000, EVGA RTX 3080 Graphic Card and a 6 Tb WD Red NAS drive. The system boots and runs on an M.2 but the HD has been set to read only... I thought it was a HD issue, so I replaced the HD with a second WD Red NAS 6 Tb. It worked for a few days and then it was set to read-only as well! In addition, I can no longer boot to the BIOS screen... I get a black screen or boot directly into Windows.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

I have an EVGA Z690 Classified MB with an i7 12700KF CPU, 32 Gb Trident Z5 DDR5-6000, EVGA RTX 3080 Graphic Card and a 6 Tb WD Red NAS drive. The system boots and runs on an M.2 but the HD has been set to read only... I thought it was a HD issue, so I replaced the HD with a second WD Red NAS 6 Tb. It worked for a few days and then it was set to read-only as well! In addition, I can no longer boot to the BIOS screen... I get a black screen or boot directly into Windows.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
M.2NVMe often clash with some SATA ports, checkMB manual for which one SATA ports are usable.