Hard Drive - specs to choose

In my neck of the woods there is a deal available on a Western Digital
CAVIAR SE 120GB 7200rpm, 8mb cache, 8mb data transfer, 4.2 ms average seek
time

For optimum performance are these top notch specs or what should I be
looking for ?

"strand" <anyone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In my neck of the woods there is a deal available on a Western Digital
> CAVIAR SE 120GB 7200rpm, 8mb cache, 8mb data transfer, 4.2 ms average seek
> time
>
> For optimum performance are these top notch specs or what should I be
> looking for ?

It's an excellent drive.

For editing uncompressed video, complex arrays of drives are used.

> In my neck of the woods there is a deal available on a Western Digital
> CAVIAR SE 120GB 7200rpm, 8mb cache, 8mb data transfer, 4.2 ms average
seek
> time
>
> For optimum performance are these top notch specs or what should I be
> looking for ?

Don't know exactly what model you're referring to but go here:

http://storagereview.com/comparison.html

and see how the drive compares. I capture uncompressed video on a WD
1600JB and a 1200JB for my system drive and have found them to be an
outstanding drives.