Hard drive speed increase help needed

ImToppen

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
i have a laptop and it has a 1tb hard drive. i dont mind giving up all i need is 100gb space.

and with that out the way, i was wondering if there was a way of making the hard drive faster.

i would loove to upgrade but sadly that removed my warrenty, and i am not willing to do that,

this is what i have tried:
remove bootware that came with the laptop to make it faster

Solution
It depends on your location, but in most places it's not legal for them to void your warranty for changing out basic parts (like a hard drive) unless you actually break things. If you need warranty service, you can always put the original drive back in before you send it in for service. The warranty is already worthless if you can void it by something as simple as changing a drive.

There really isn't any way to meaningfully increase the speed of the drive. A fresh install of windows can sometimes be faster. You can also slightly increase speed (maybe a percent or two at most) by shrinking the size of the main partition.
It depends on your location, but in most places it's not legal for them to void your warranty for changing out basic parts (like a hard drive) unless you actually break things. If you need warranty service, you can always put the original drive back in before you send it in for service. The warranty is already worthless if you can void it by something as simple as changing a drive.

There really isn't any way to meaningfully increase the speed of the drive. A fresh install of windows can sometimes be faster. You can also slightly increase speed (maybe a percent or two at most) by shrinking the size of the main partition.

Solution