Question Hard drive spinning but not detected in bios?

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Suddenly when i turn on my pc , something poped up reboot and select proper boot device , insert boot media in selected boot device. I went to bios and hard drive not detected ! I tried to unplug the cable plug it again and same , hard drive is spinning ! I tried to to replace the cable but same error , is the hard drive dead?
Please i need help guys

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
What are you full system specs?

Is this a SATA hard drive? Have you tried connecting with different SATA power and data cable to another port on the motherboard?
What are you full system specs?

Is this a SATA hard drive? Have you tried connecting with different SATA power and data cable to another port on the motherboard?
Yes i tried different sata cable on the motherboard but still the same , i tried to replace the cable but same problem my spec
Xeon 3460
Gtx 1050 ti oc
Seagate 500 gb

I would move the drive to a different SATA port on the board as Satan-IR suggested above. You've established that the cable is not the problem, should do the same for the port it connects to. I would also suggest switching to a different SATA power cable as well. If the 12V lines in the connector are working, the drive motor will work fine, but if the 5V lines are not, the drive's controller on the logic board may not be getting proper power, and thus not be seen by the BIOS.

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
I would move the drive to a different SATA port on the board as Satan-IR suggested above. You've established that the cable is not the problem, should do the same for the port it connects to. I would also suggest switching to a different SATA power cable as well. If the 12V lines in the connector are working, the drive motor will work fine, but if the 5V lines are not, the drive's controller on the logic board may not be getting proper power, and thus not be seen by the BIOS.
Sorry but what do you mean by 12v lines ?

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
The drive appears to have problems loading its firmware from the System Area on the platters. The following article should explain why your drive doesn't come ready.

The hard drive -- a computer-within-a-computer:
http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2600

If you wish to pursue this problem, then purchase a USB-serial adapter and obtain a diagnostic report from the drive's terminal port. Search hddguru.com or hddoracle.com for more info.
I see now , i will have to check first , but as i mentioned i tried alot of things , everything but still nothing , so i dont know if i have to wait to buy the usb , because in my country it will take some time , do you think the hard drive is dead ? I dont mind if i buy a new seagate 1tb

Sorry but what do you mean by 12v lines ?

If you check a wiring diagram of a standard SATA power plug, the yellow wire connects to the final 3 pins of the 15 pin SATA power plug and provides 12 Volts of DC power for the drive motor to make the platters inside spin around. The red wire provides 5 Volts which powers the components on the hard drive's logic board (the circuit board the power connector plugs into), as 5 Volts is not enough to get the drive motor spinning. If that red wire has an issue and can't provide a stable 5 Volts for the logic board on the hard drive to operate properly, the drive can spin up all it wants, but the rest of the computer won't detect it.

As fzabkar has alluded to, the problem could lie elsewhere, but to be sure you don't have an issue with that particular SATA power connector, I would unplug the one you had connected to the drive and try a different one to see if it starts working.

Edit: It's also just proper troubleshooting procedure. If a hard drive doesn't work, and you're narrowing down the problem, you need to test everything to find out where the problem is actually located. Replacing the data cable but not the power cable doesn't really help you figure out what's wrong.