[SOLVED] Hard drive squeaking noise / high pitched sound?

Solution
I mean I cant really back anything up its a 8tb drive that's full, I RMA'd the first one. The drive is essentially new which would lead me to believe that's the cause of the problem
Being an 8TB only means you need another drive or storage location.

A dead drive, or malware, does not care about "I can't...." .

Ralston18

Titan
I hear more of a "plink/click" sound but that is subjective.

What is objective is that you back up all important data on that drive at least 2 x and verify that the data is recoverable and readable. Ensure that all backups are not accessible via the current host PC.

Remember though, that anything you do could cause catastrophic data loss.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include all disk drives: make, model, age, capacity, how full?

Next, download and run the applicable manufacturer diagnostic software for each installed drive.

Post accordingly.

May 14, 2021
It's not making the sound anymore after turning my pc off and turning it on the next day, I was in a BSOD for something unrelated while rendering and the BSOD was taking forever 15+ mins so I shut off the computer and I guess the drive was doing something while that happened? but anyway its fine now or at least it isn't making any sound.

USAFRet

Titan
It's not making the sound anymore after turning my pc off and turning it on the next day, I was in a BSOD for something unrelated while rendering and the BSOD was taking forever 15+ mins so I shut off the computer and I guess the drive was doing something while that happened? but anyway its fine now or at least it isn't making any sound.
No matter what noises the drive is or is not making right now...have you instituted a backup routine? Or at least thought about it?

May 14, 2021
I mean I cant really back anything up its a 8tb drive that's full, I RMA'd the first one. The drive is essentially new which would lead me to believe that's the cause of the problem