[SOLVED] hard drive stopped working after upgrading power supply

Mar 1, 2019
hard drive stopped working after upgrading from a corsair cx550m to an EVGA 750 watt b3. SSD remains functional on same sata cord as the Hard drive. I have tried switching the motherboard sata ports and the same happens, ssd remains functional and hard drive is not. Hard drive is not visible in BIOS either. The hard drive is a western digital blue 1 terabyte.

Solution
Yes , that is most likely the problem , the cables are not interchangeable. If you use the wrong ones they can fry drives and damage components. The PSU can also be damaged.
Mar 1, 2019
I'm assuming my power supply was not damaged. Would i be correct in assuming that? since all my other components work correctly minus the rgb on the fans. I did swap out the mother board and gpu cables but I didnt swap out the sata and peripheral cables. Still weird as my SSD is still working correctly, when it was plugged into the old corsair cables. Is there anything I can do to check to see if my power supply is damaged? Thank you for your quick replies, you're very helpful.

TRENDING THREADS