Hard Drive Switch From Previous laptop

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
I had an Old Toshiba C55t-B5109 Laptop with windows 8.1 and I got a new Acer Aspire e15-e5-571P.
and since I Switched the hard drives around my Acer says its a Toshiba and When I go to get a BlueTooth Driver from the Acer website it says this is not the correct Device So I'm asking can I get someone to help/walk me through on how to change the System to recognize it as an Acer Aspire E15 E5-571P Please and Thanks.

The drivers for the laptops hardware are saved in the hard drive.
That might be the reason you're having hardware issues.
You could try removing the drivers and the hardware from Device Manager them installing the correct drivers for your hardware.

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018

But when I Try to Install the Recent (Toshiba) divers It Says they Arent Compatible And I don't want to mess my laptop up Plus I don't want to Have to Install windows 8.1 again

Also another question would that work because when i tried installing a Acer Driver It also said It wouldn't work

You cannot switch a boot drive like that when it still has Windows installed on it from a entirely different laptop. You say you don't want to mess up your new laptop but you will if you carry on like that.

Put the correct HDD back in your new laptop (I don't even know why you'd want to switch it anyway).

If you want to use the HDD from the old Toshiba (perhaps to retrieve some files) that's fine, but connect it externally to your new laptop with an enclosure or external HDD connection kit.

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018

Well I Switched it in the first place because the laptop's drive was broken you can hear rattling inside of it (No it's not used) but I also can't take send it back as it is not Brand new

and another question if I was to get a new OEM drive (does it have to bo OEM?) and install windows 8 where would I go to Get a Copy of Windows 8.1 As it is what I would like to run

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018

Yes it did! But what would make it not boot?

Because they are different laptops with different hardware.
When you install Windows it is configure with drivers for the that specific system.
When you boot Windows looks for the hardware and load drivers from the HDD.
Whenthey do not match Windows could stop loading and might not boot.
You are experiencing one of the issues of performing such swap.
More issues could arrive. when you least expect them.

You could just buy a 2.5" SATA III HDD or if you want better performance a 2.5" SATA III SSD.

1TB HDD
512GB SSD

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018

So Would i be good Wiping windows 8.1 and doing a reinstall of windwos 8.1 and after thats done would i be able to grab Drivers for an Acer

That's exactly what you should do to avoid further issues.
You could install either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Get the latest version from Microsoft website.
You will need a blank 8GB minimum USB flash drive.
If you install Windows 10, it might download all drivers you need during the setup and update process...if you don't interrupt the update process of course.

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from cyleshot : "Windows Install Manufacturer Detected"