Hard drive wont work on one computer, but works on another

mj.huber900

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
On my old computer intel core 2 duo, 8 gb ram 80 gb hhd 7.2k speed, when I boot off of the hard drive theirs a black screen with a blinking underscore, but when I put it into my new computer, fx6300, 8 gb ram and same hard drive but it boots
why....

I think you will need boot recovery. Windows will not just accept any drivers and as you change mobo and you go from INTEL to AMD, you need to make sure windows will pick correct drivers...
windows DVD or any bootable pendrive should do the trick.

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Diagnosing this is almost impossible, because of incompatible device drivers. I suggest keep one disk for booting your old machine, and another disk for booting your new machine. If you need to move a BOOT disk from one computer to another, rather reformat it, and re-install the OS. If you do NOT boot off a drive, it will be readable on either machine. It is just because you are trying to boot the OS that you are having a problem. I suggest buy a new disk drive for the new machine, and install the OS on it. Then, plug the old drive onto the new machine, and copy over whatever you want to keep.

mj.huber900

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017

I cant get anything to boot on this, my Windows install disk gets stuck on the windows blue logo, and I cant get my hard drive to work I cant get anything to boot......