Hard drive works hard... or is it?

Amossss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
I have 16gb RAM and a non SSD drive. It seems that my hard drive is not resting too much, even when most of my apps are closed. See here: https://image.ibb.co/bYrc5b/1.png

As you can see in the image, the performance is talking about 91% (sometimes even 100%)
while the processes is talking about 46% while the list itself shows almost no activity

What am I missing? What can be the reason for that?
Thanks
Replacing to SSD might make things faster, but I'm asking about the actual stress work of the drive.

Solution
The update was stopped in the middle of downloading so I thought it didn't even manage to do anything, apparently even sfc reported an error it couldn't fix. I windows update again, waited for it to complete everything, restart and now it's ok. Thanks a lot!

Amossss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
I have an anti virus running in the background but specifically for malwares, no. Is there a recommended tool to do that?
For now it looks like a bad update process and after completing the update (windows) it looks better but I will give it some more time

Amossss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
The update was stopped in the middle of downloading so I thought it didn't even manage to do anything, apparently even sfc reported an error it couldn't fix. I windows update again, waited for it to complete everything, restart and now it's ok. Thanks a lot!

Solution