Question Hard drive

Apr 13, 2019
Hello there. I need help, please.
Recently I had an error which showed me that my hard drive is going to fail soon. So I bought a new one. I’ve put the new one and my pc won’t boot. I have windows on SSD and selected it as a main boot device but it still won’t boot and is showing “ reboot and select proper boot device “ .

popatim

Titan
when you originally installed windows on the ssd was the hdd also plugged in.might just have installed the os on the ssd and boot files to the hdd.this would mean a fresh install of windows is necessary.

I agree with the assessment but not the "Fix"

You just need to repair/rebuild the boot block. You can boot from your windows install media and navigate to startup repair and run that. It usually takes a few tries to detect/repair the issue the issue.

Hello there. I need help, please.
Recently I had an error which showed me that my hard drive is going to fail soon. So I bought a new one. I’ve put the new one and my pc won’t boot. I have windows on SSD and selected it as a main boot device but it still won’t boot and is showing “ reboot and select proper boot device “ .

You are missing a step here, you said you have Windows on the SSD, so the system did boot on the SSD at some point so you could have installed Windows on it correct? Or how did you get Windows on that SSD?