[SOLVED] Hard drive

Sep 21, 2020
I don't know if I'm asking this repetitive question in the right place but here goes...

So, I know this question has been asked many times but I can't find the answer I'm looking for. My computer one of my hard drive but Windows 8 doesn't. The answer I have seen come up the most is to go into Disk Management and re-named the drive letter but Windows does Not see it so it is not there, now what?

Solution
Is disk management, do you not see something like this? If you do then that means your disk is visible but it has not been initialized OR it has not been formatted into a simple readable format for windows. If you do see this, try right clicking on the black bar and select "create simple volume". You should be able to setup the drive from there, leave all the settings during setup as is (except the part where you name the drive and choose the drive letter.)
4_Unallocated_Space_-_VHD.png

IF HOWEVER YOU DO NOT SEE THIS IN DISK MANAGEMENT:

• TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER
  • PHYSICALLY OPEN YOUR COMPUTER
  • UN-PLUG ALL THE CABLES THAT ATTACH TO THE DRIVE
  • RE-PLUG EVERYTHING...
Is disk management, do you not see something like this? If you do then that means your disk is visible but it has not been initialized OR it has not been formatted into a simple readable format for windows. If you do see this, try right clicking on the black bar and select "create simple volume". You should be able to setup the drive from there, leave all the settings during setup as is (except the part where you name the drive and choose the drive letter.)
4_Unallocated_Space_-_VHD.png

IF HOWEVER YOU DO NOT SEE THIS IN DISK MANAGEMENT:

• TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER
  • PHYSICALLY OPEN YOUR COMPUTER
  • UN-PLUG ALL THE CABLES THAT ATTACH TO THE DRIVE
  • RE-PLUG EVERYTHING IN AGAIN
  • TURN ON COMPUTER AND CHECK DISK MANAGEMENT AGAIN

Solution